Thursday, April 1, 2010

Looking for Opportunities in PR and/or HR

I was honored to be included today in a blog post with 25 other PR students on PR at Sunrise written by Andrew Worob. This post labeled us as "Future PR Stars," and I am so impressed by the students who are on there.

Throughout the day, PR professionals have been reaching out offering their support which I am very grateful for! I decided it would be best to write a post detailing what I am looking for post-graduation.

First, a little (more) about me:

I will be receiving a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations from Champlain College on May 8, however I am also highly interested in Human Resources to the point where I am a student member of SHRM and planning on taking the exam to be a Human Resource Manager this summer. My internship at Lake Champlain Chocolates, located in Burlington, VT, has accommodated both my interests in HR and PR allowing me to intern in both departments. I have been actively assisting with HR at a small geriatric care management company called Growing Options since 2008, helping with hiring, creating job descriptions, etc. I won't go into too many details to keep this post succinct, but if you'd like to view my online resume you can visit it on LinkedIn.

Searching for opportunities:
I'm looking for a position where I can utilize both my PR and HR skills. The locations I'm most interested in for opportunities are:
  • Fairfield/New Haven County, Connecticut
  • Sacramento/Davis area, California
  • Dublin, Ireland (where I studied abroad last Spring)
Thank you for your attention...and I am looking forward to starting a tumblr based on my combined interests shortly. Stay tuned...!

No comments: